ABOUT 48 TWO-INCH BARS
- 2 16.5 ounce packages lemon bar mix (Betty Crocker)
- 6 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup or 12-ounce jar red raspberry preserves (seedless preferred), melted*
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup premium white chocolate baking pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and water. Stir in the 2 lemon filling mixes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 crust mixes and cinnamon; reserve ½ cup of the dry mix for the topping. Press the remaining crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes (crust will be pale).
- Remove form oven. Immediately spoon melted preserves over the top of the hot filling. Using the back of a spoon, spread preserves evenly. Stir lemon filling again. Pour lemon filling over raspberry preserves.
- For topping: Stir together the reserved ½ cup of dry crust mix, coconut, white chocolate pieces and pecans; sprinkle over lemon filling.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top begins to lightly brown and the center appears set. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars (using a wet knife makes the cutting easier). Cover and tote.
*To melt: Warm in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.